What are the pros and cons of Phonak Lyric hearing aid?
Learn about the Pros and Cons of Phonak Lyric. Review the benefits and disadvantages of Phonak Lyric hearing aid and talk to an audiologist to determine if Lyric is right for you.
Pros: Benefits of Lyric
- 100% Invisible – Placed in your ear canal, Lyric remains completely out of sight – invisible to the world.
- Clear, natural sound – Enjoy full natural sound everywhere you go.
- 24/7 hearing – Wear Lyric around the clock for months at a time without taking it out* through daily activities such as exercising or even showering**.
Lyric is the only deep ear hearing aid technology that offers complete invisibility. Thanks to its unique placement, you can enjoy the benefits of better hearing without anyone ever knowing you’re using a hearing aid.
A natural listening experience
While traditional hearing aids capture and process sound outside of the ear, Lyric uses the natural anatomy of the ear to amplify and give you a full, natural listening experience.
Lyric supports your active lifestyle
- Lyric can be worn in most situations – Various sports, sleeping, wearing ear phones, with a helmet or even in the shower*.
- Lyric is easy to use – Once it’s fitted you can enjoy quality hearing for months at a time.
- No maintenance – No battery to change.
Cons: Disadvantages of Lyric
- Discomfort. The main disadvantage of Lyric devices is discomfort in the ear canal. The downside of a 24/7 device placed deep in your ear canal is that your ear doesn’t have an opportunity to stay open and dry out. The skin deep inside the ear canal is thin and sensitive. Irritation or pain can develop after prolonged use of Lyric. In rare cases moisture gets trapped between the device and the ear canal causing pain.
- Individual replacement needs may vary. Lyrics need to be replaced every 1-2 months when the long lasting battery goes dead. Sometimes the battery will go dead sooner making the replacement schedule somewhat unpredictable.
- Some people are not candidates for Lyric. Lyric works optimally for people with mild to moderate hearing loss. It’s not suitable for severe to profound hearing loss. Because it can irritate the delicate skin of the inner ear canal this can cause bleeding. Those who are immune compromised or those taking blood thinning medication are not candidates for Phonak Lyric.
Experience Phonak Lyric now
- Try Lyric today
Lyric can be placed in your ear canal during a routine hearing evaluation with your hearing care professional. You can instantly experience the benefits of clear, natural sound and 100% invisible hearing.
- Risk-free trial
You can test drive new Lyric hearing device(s) risk free for up to 30 days.
- Technology upgrade
With Lyric you don’t just buy better hearing, but you also get automatic technology upgrades as soon as they are available.
San Francisco Hearing Center is a leading provider of Lyric Hearing Aids. Our experienced audiologists can help you find the best hearing aid for you. Just ask your audiologist for more information!